JUSTICE will be holding a unique fundraising event on 7th June 2019 at Allen & Overy LLP to celebrate 100 years of women in the law in the UK.
The conference will see a panel of eleven incredible women join Lady Hale in sharing their stories of lives in the law – speaking frankly about what has worked and what hasn’t, the drivers, the challenges, the triumphs, all culminating in a personal message to those attending. .
Their speakers are:
- Baroness Hale of Richmond DBE – President of the UK Supreme Court
- Sonya Branch – General Counsel at the Bank of England
- Alison Saunders CB – Partner at Linklaters LLP and former Director of Public Prosecutions
- Dame Philippa Whipple DBE – High Court Judge in the Queen’s Bench Division
- Karen Seward – Global Head of Litigation at Allen & Overy
- Dame Eleanor Laing MP – Deputy Speaker of the House of Commons
- Sandie Okoro – Senior Vice President and General Counsel for the World Bank Group
- Baroness Shami Chakrabarti CBE – Shadow Attorney General
- HHJ Angela Rafferty QC – Circuit Judge based at the Central Criminal Court
- Karon Monaghan QC – Barrister at Matrix Chambers
- Linda Mulcahy – Professor of Socio-Legal Studies at Oxford University
- Karyl Nairn QC – Co-head of Skadden’s International Litigation and Arbitration Group
Tickets are now available for purchase here: https://justice.org.uk/events/inspiring-women-inspiring-careers-in-law/
Every penny from ticket sales will directly support the work of JUSTICE.