Advocate are currently looking for nominations for the 2022 Bar Pro Bono Awards and ALBA members are encouraged to nominate a barrister, Chambers or pro bono initiative that has gone above and beyond this year. It is Advocate’s annual opportunity to highlight the incredible pro bono achievements of the Bar and celebrate our access to justice champions and unsung pro bono heroes.
All the information on nominations is available here, and the categories are:
- Young Pro Bono Barrister of the Year*
- Junior Pro Bono Barrister of the Year
- Pro Bono QC of the Year
- International Pro Bono Barrister of the Year
- Pro Bono Chambers’ Professional of the Year
- Pro Bono Chambers of the Year
- Pro Bono Initiative of the Year
- Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year (In partnership with the Bar Council)
- Sustainability Initiative of the Year (In partnership with the Bar Council Sustainability Network)
- Lifetime Achievement in Pro Bono*
Nominations close on Friday 19th August 2022 and awards will be presented at the Bar Pro Bono Awards ceremony during Pro Bono Week in November (*presented at the Annual Bar and Young Bar Conference).