Date and Time: Thursday 13 January 2022, 5.15pm-6.15pm
The UK Supreme Court is hosting a webinar on career pathways to becoming a Justice. The event aims to
provide early- and mid-career legal professionals with an opportunity to learn more about the appointment
process and what it takes to become a well-qualified candidate, enabling aspiring future Justices to kick-start long-term career planning.
Chaired by the Supreme Court’s Chief Executive, Vicky Fox, speakers will:
• Provide an overview of the eligibility requirements and appointment criteria and an understanding
of the necessary skills and experience to become a Supreme Court Justice.
• Outline career pathways to the Court and offer first-hand insights into their journey to becoming
• Provide advice on long-term career planning and development for future applicants.
Discussions will be followed by a Q&A Session
The speakers will be:
- The Right Hon. Lord Reed of Allermuir, President of the Supreme Court
- Liz Burnley CBE, Lay Member of the Judicial Appointments Board for Scotland
- The Right Hon. Lady Rose of Colmworth, Justice of the Supreme Court