Date / time
05/07/2021 - 13/07/2021
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The ALBA Summer Conference is back!
6PM-7.30PM on 5-8 July and 12-13 July 2021 ONLINE AND FREE OF CHARGE TO MEMBERS
Like last year, we will be holding this year’s ALBA Summer Conference online, over the course of six evenings in July. We are pleased to announce an exciting and topical line-up of panels and speakers, as follows:
- Keynote address by Lady Rose JSC (Monday 5 July)
- Judicial Review Reforms – the Independent Review of Administrative Law and the Judicial Review Bill: Vikram Sachdeva QC (39 Essex), Professor Alison Young (University of Cambridge), Professor Jason Varuhas (University of Melbourne) and Anthony Speaight QC (Society of Conservative Lawyers), chaired by Lord Dyson (Tuesday 6 July)
- Retained EU Law – Practical Tips for using EU Law in Public Law Cases: Anneli Howard QC (Monckton), Professor Catherine Barnard (University of Cambridge), James Maurici QC (Landmark), Alan Bates (Monckton), chaired by Professor Paul Craig (University of Oxford) (Wednesday 7 July)
- Implications of the Covid Pandemic for Rule of Law and Civil Liberties: Jolyon Maugham QC (Good Law Project), Jenni Richards QC (39 Essex), Adam Wagner (Doughty Street) and Zoe Leventhal (Matrix), chaired by Mr Justice Chamberlain (Thursday 8 July)
- Electoral Law and Litigating Elections: Tony Peto QC (Blackstone Chambers), Katharine Elliott (4-5 Gray’s Inn Square) and Gerald Shamash (Duthie Edwards Shamash), chaired by Dr Martin Moore (King’s College)(Monday 12 July)
- Practice and Procedure: Jonathan Auburn QC (11 KBW), Sarah Hannett QC (Matrix) and Naina Patel (Blackstone Chambers), chaired by Mr Justice Fordham (Tuesday 13 July)
Each webinar will take place online from 6-7.30pm on the dates above. The conference will be open to ALBA members only (if you are not already a member, we encourage you to become one!) and will be free of charge. It will be necessary to register in advance. Please do so below. Registration will automatically cover all six sessions. The Zoom link for each session will be sent the evening prior to the session.
Registration will close on Sunday 4 July, 6PM