ALBA is pleased to announce that this year the ALBA Summer Conference will again take place as an in-person event in central London. Registration will commence at 9:30 am, and the conference sessions will run until 6 pm, to be followed by a drinks reception and dinner in the evening. As always, ALBA has lined up a topical and exciting programme for the day:
- Keynote address by Sir Robert Buckland KC MP, former Lord Chancellor, Secretary of State for Justice and Secretary of State for Wales
- Devolution: constitutional and public law issues, with Mick Antoniw MS (Counsel General for Wales), Ruth Crawford KC (Axiom Advocates) and Professor Chris McCrudden (Blackstone Chambers and Queen’s University, Belfast)
- Using international law in judicial review, with Richard Hermer KC (Matrix), Robert Palmer KC (Monckton) and Sean Aughey (Essex Court)
- Post-Brexit regimes: what public lawyers need to know, with Maya Lester KC (Brick Court), Amy Rogers (11KBW), Malcolm Birdling (Brick Court) and Jack Williams (Monckton)
- Public law implications of AI and automated decision-making, with Rosa Curling (Foxglove), Mia Leslie (Public Law Project) and Jamie Susskind (11KBW)
- The ever-popular practice and procedure update, with Jonathan Blunden (Sharpe Pritchard), Alice Irving (Doughty Street) and Nusrat Zar (Herbert Smith)
Tickets include lunch and refreshments throughout the day, a pre-dinner drinks reception, and a three-course dinner with wine in the atmospheric setting of the IME Library.* Prices are as follows:
- KCs and partners in solicitors’ firms: £330
- Junior barristers of 5 years’ call and over, associate solicitors and judges: £275
- Junior barristers of up to 5 years’ call: £165
- Junior barristers and solicitors with a predominantly legal aid practice, pupil barristers, trainee solicitors, academics and students: £110
A discount of 20% is available for groups of five or more attendees in categories 1, 2 and 3.
The conference is open to ALBA members only, so if you are not yet a member, we encourage you to join! PLEASE NOTE THAT BOOKING WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON TUESDAY, 20 JUNE (This is a hard deadline, as the venue requires final numbers the following day)
* We regret that we are not able to offer discounted tickets to those who will not be attending the dinner.
For groups of 5 or more bookings, please use the group booking form.
Bookings are closed for this event