ALBA joins the Bar Council in expressing its deep concern at events in Minneapolis and elsewhere that exemplify systemic racism and violence against black people. Excessive use of force offends the rule of law. It is imperative that all people are treated equally and that the law is applied equitably. ALBA is committed to the principles of justice and the rule of law and reaffirms our commitment to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion both within the profession and the community we serve. A strong Bar is one that reflects the society it serves.
- Volunteer as a Tutor with The Access Project 1 hour a week online to support disadvantaged young people 2 July, 2020
- You!Me!Us!We! – LGBT+ visibility in the legal profession – 14th July – 18:00 – 20:00 1 July, 2020
- EDI Forum – Bar, BAME and COVID-19: a conversation that needs to be had 18 June, 2020
- Justice Human Rights Conference 2020 10 June, 2020
- ALBA statement regarding events of the last week 5 June, 2020