ALBA joins the Bar Council in expressing its deep concern at events in Minneapolis and elsewhere that exemplify systemic racism and violence against black people. Excessive use of force offends the rule of law. It is imperative that all people are treated equally and that the law is applied equitably. ALBA is committed to the principles of justice and the rule of law and reaffirms our commitment to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion both within the profession and the community we serve. A strong Bar is one that reflects the society it serves.
- Denning Society Annual Lecture – The Right Hon Lady Arden of Heswall DBE 17 November, 2020
- The Rothschild Foster Human Rights Trust Talk 6 November, 2020
- FreeBar Charter Event 2 November, 2020
- EDI Forum: The Equalities Act 10 Years On 2 November, 2020
- Response to IRAL Consultation 19 October, 2020